GenePattern v3.9.3 released
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 05:24PM by The GenePattern Team
GenePattern 3.9.3 is available for use on our Public GenePattern Server, via download, and as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI). The Release Notes give details on new features and fixes. These include:
- The ability to expand the main panel
- The ability to download multiple jobs at once
- The addition of a Python programming library
- The deprecation of the Windows installer (see below for more information).
Deprecation of the Windows installer
Because of the number of new bioinformatics analysis tools that run only on Unix-based platforms (Linux and Mac), and the additional effort required to support Windows architecture, we have discontinued providing Windows-based installers for v3.9.3 and for future versions of GenePattern. The Windows installer for GenePattern v3.9.2 will continue to be available on the downloads page. Future versions of GenePattern may run on Windows but will not be tested. If you are concerned about...
How to enable GenePattern Visualizers in Chrome version 42+
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2015 at 01:15PM by Barbara Hill Meyers
UPDATE: As of September 1, 2015 Chrome no longer supports the NPAPI plugin - this work around is, therefore, no longer valid.
A new blog post has been added here: http://www.broadinstitute.org/cancer/software/genepattern/blog/2015/12/01/older-java-applet-visualizers-no-longer-work-in-chrome
In April of 2015, Google changed the way that Chrome version 42 supports plugins, which means that GenePattern visualizers may have recently stopped working for you, if you are using Chrome.
The symptoms in GenePattern are as follows:
- Run a visualizer module
- On job status page, nothing happens
- Java console does not come up (if it was configured to do so)
- No errors in the URL bar indicating that you need to enable a plugin (ie you did not see something like this)
To fix this you must configure your browse to enable the required plugin architecture. Details and instructions can be found on Java.com and we've included them here for quick reference.
GenePattern 3.9.2 is Released!
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2015 at 02:50PM by The GenePattern Team
GenePattern 3.9.2 is available for use on our Public GenePattern Server, via download, and as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI). The Release Notes give details on new features and fixes. These include:
- Searching jobs by tag or comments
- Faster upload of files larger than 2 GB
- A new installer for Mac, genepattern.app, which replaces the previous Install Anywhere wizard with a native Mac app installer/launcher. Details are found below.
More details about 3.9.2 may be read about in our release notes.
- Download the Mac app. It will be zipped and depending on browser used, you may need to double-click to unzip the file.
- Move GenePattern.app file to a permament location where it can be saved and will not be deleted. (such as /Applications)
- If you have administrator privileges on your Mac, skip to the directions in the next section. If you do not, keep reading.
- Double-click on the...
Displaying Post 16 - 18 of 49 in total