Released December 1, 2009
New in this Release
Improved Server Performance
This release reflects corrections to a number of server performance issues and improvements for server maintenance, especially in handling large volumes of jobs and users. Administrators maintaining their own GenePattern servers are advised to update to 3.2.2 to take advantage of these changes.
This release corrects an internal database connection error which prevented web pages from loading when more than 12 jobs were running.
Improved Custom Authentication
This release improves custom authentication by:
- Enabling the setting of the user email address when creating new user accounts
- Including a demonstration of single sign-on custom authentication
More details regarding custom authentication can be found here and in the Javadoc.
Support for New Platforms
As of release 3.2.2, GenePattern can be installed on:
- 64-bit Windows (for information regarding the installation work around if you are not planning to upgrade to 3.2.2 or after, see the FAQ)
- Snow Leopard (MacOS 10.6)
On Windows 7:
- The StartGenePatternServer and StopGenePatternServer applications must be run as administrator. To start or stop the GenePattern server, right-click the desktop icon and select the Run as administrator option.
back to top