Showing docs for version 3.6-0 | The latest version is 126.96.36.199
Existence of a de novo mutation in at least one of the given families
Header definition line
INFO=<ID=hiConfDeNovo,Number=1,Type=String,Description="High confidence possible de novo mutation (GQ >
INFO=<ID=loConfDeNovo,Number=1,Type=String,Description="Low confidence possible de novo mutation (GQ >
This annotation uses the genotype information from individuals in family trios to identify possible de novo mutations and the sample(s) in which they occur. This works best if the genotypes have been processed according to the Genotype Refinement workflow.
- The calculation assumes that the organism is diploid.
- This annotation requires a valid pedigree file.
- Only reports possible de novos for children whose genotypes have not been tagged as filtered (which is most appropriate if parent likelihoods
have already been factored in using PhaseByTransmission).
- When multiple trios are present, the annotation is simply the maximum of the likelihood ratios, rather than the strict 1-Prod(1-p_i) calculation, as this can scale poorly for uncertain sites and many trios.
- This annotation can only be used from the Variant Annotator. If you attempt to use it from the UnifiedGenotyper, the run will fail with an error message to that effect. If you attempt to use it from the HaplotypeCaller, the run will complete successfully but the annotation will not be added to any variants.
- MVLikelihoodRatio evaluates whether a site is transmitted from parents to offspring according to Mendelian rules or not.
Return to top
GATK Documentation Index |
Tool Docs Index |
GATK version 3.6-0-g89b7209 built at 2017/02/09 12:52:48.